If you’re passionate about doing your part to strengthen marriage, please consider starting a Community Marriage Initiative (CMI).
What would a Community Marriage Initiative do?
- Community Marriage Covenants – Pastors, judges and community leaders in a specific town or county join together and sign a public agreement to make healthy marriages a priority in their congregations and community. They often agree not to marry couples that have not participated in some type of premarital education.
- Create a network of pastors, lay leaders and counselors that provide premarital education and marriage enrichment.
- Host marriage celebration banquets.
- Provide a marriage mentoring program for newlywed couples.
- Participate in marriage education training events and conferences.
- Teach youth about healthy marriage and committed relationships.
These are just some ideas of what a CMI can do. Visit the Ideas page for additional things you can do to strengthen and promote marriage within your congregation and community.